Why ‘Heuristic’ Learning?
Heuristic means ‘discovering things for yourself’. I believe that people learn best when they are:
- Doing something that is important to them
- Actively involved in the learning
- Intrigued by the experience and curious to understand more
- Learning from their experiences, and from others, rather than being told
- Engaged emotionally, having fun and using all their senses
This is what I do.
So what’s unique?
Well, in addition to my freelance work I am permanently employed as a senior HR professional in a leading UK law firm.
This role accounts for 80-90% of my time and ensures I have a sharp & contemporary business edge, limited availability and no income pressure ... the direct opposite of most individual freelance trainers.
I operate unimpeded by commercial pressure and only undertake work in areas that I’m passionate about. This enables me to offer clients:
- Expertise at reasonable rates – You will get charged reasonable rates and minimal developments fees as I only accept work that utilises my existing expertise.
- Performance focus – You can be sure that the intervention will make a real difference. I instantly relate to the work environment and the need for a performance impact.
- Active knowledge sharing – You will not incur licensing fees or costs associated with material. I believe in sharing knowledge and encourage self-sufficiency in clients.
- Honest communication - You can rely on a frank and open relationship. I only undertake work I can honour and add value
- No sales pressure – You will not get me pressuring you for work. I do not actively market as personal recommendations and existing clients are sufficient to fulfill my availability.
If this is what you’re after then please contact me.
Copyright © Barry Gipson - Heuristic Learning 2007
Site Designed By BS6